- NEW!!! EXPANDED HOURS FOR JULY AND AUGUST 2016! We will be open from NOON - 8pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays! Need a part on your lunch hour, got some time in the afternoon to work on your bike? COME ON IN!
- INTRO TO BIKE MAINTENANCE: Monday 7/18, 7 PM: Join us for an evening of introductory bicycle maintenance lessons as a mechanic teaches us how to get our bicycles cleaned, tuned and ready to ride. We'll also learn how to be prepared for common mechanical problems encountered on the road. BYOB (Bring your own bike).
- FAMILY BIKING: Monday 7/25, 7 PM: Let local cycling activist Taylor Lonsdale show you how to bike with the whole family. Learn how he handles kids, groceries, commuting and more on his bicycle. This talk will be held in the Bozeman Public Library's small conference room.
We are a cooperative cycling center dedicated to making the use of bicycles as transportation and fun possible for all members of the Bozeman and greater Gallatin Valley communities.
Hours of Operation
- Tuesday from 12:00pm to 8:00pm
- Thursday from 12:00pm to 8:00pm
- Saturday from 10:00am to 12:00pm
Note: Due to limited staff availability, we ask that drop-in volunteers come only during the usual 6-8 PM hours Tuesday/Thursday and 10-12 Saturday.
The Bozeman Bike Kitchen is located at 2104 Industrial Drive (at the corner of Griffin Drive).
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you accept donations?
Yes we accept donations of bicycles, parts, accessories, as well as monetary donations. These can be brought directly to the Kitchen during business hours, mailed to us at our shop, or via Paypal
What are you business hours? Our standard hours are Tuesday and Thursday evenings between 6pm and 8pm, and Saturday mornings 10am-noon. Come in and say hello to our friendly staff!
How can I volunteer at the Kitchen? Please come to our shop during business hours and chat with a staff member. We encourage volunteers of all ability levels. You don't need any bicycle repair knowledge or skills whatsoever to help out at the Kitchen. We provide a fun, friendly environment for all ages and types.
I need a bike, can you give me one? We have a number of programs to provide bicycles to all types of people. We offer free bicycles, bicycles in exchange for volunteering, and bicycles for purchase. Please come visit us or send an e-mail with specific questions to see which of the programs you qualify for.
My bike is broken, can you fix it? We will HELP you fix it yourself! For a nominal fee you can set up at one of our work stations and use our tools to fix your bike. Used parts are available at very reasonable prices. If you cannot afford to pay we will still find a way to get you back on the road - no one turned away due to lack of funds!
Can I perform community service at the Bike Kitchen? We would absolutely love to have you perform your community service hours at the Kitchen. Even if you know nothing about bicycles we'll find tasks for you to help with. Ask any of the staff members to sign any required paperwork before leaving.
Want To Get In Touch Or Network With Us?
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, funded by donations and sales of items we refurbish with volunteered time.. In order for us to offer the level of quality service and time that this community needs we request your help. Your help can be in the form of a monetary donation, volunteer time, or a gift of an item we might need. If you'd like to make a monetary donation we accept cash (in person), check (in person or via mail), or electronic (using Paypal
We can be reached via e-mail anytime, or in person at the shop on work nights. We have a fan page on Facebook
which you should join and if you're a Twitter user you can follow @BZNBikeKitchen
. If you are into the social networking thing, share with us using the sharing options below.
If you would like to be informed of various Bozeman Bike Kitchen Activities please fill in the form on our contact page