In 5th Grade we know . . .
- Everyone has a mathematical mind.(Jo Boaler: https://www.youcubed.org/ )
- Mathletic ability takes time and effort to improve.
- Everyone can achieve success with a growth mindset. (Carol Deweck: http://mindsetonline.com/)
- Everyone sees the world, including the math world, through their own eyes.
- We all have a richer understanding when we discuss our perspectives and strategies.
- There are as many ways to solve a problem, as there are minds on the task.
- Problem solvers are reflective and flexible thinkers.
- Everyone is amazing and can strive to be more awesome every day. (KidPresident)