The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on March 13, 2013, and took the following actions:
· Approved the minutes of the Feb. 14, 2013, Board meeting.
· Approved the treasurer’s report by fund, investment report, and cash balance report.
· Approved the Then & Now purchase order for Midwest Elastomers for $5,760 for the purchase of crumb rubber for the track.
· Approved posting the casino revenues from January to the textbook set asides.
· Nonrenewed all supplemental contracts effective at the end of the 2012-13 school year.
· Approved the resignations of Luanne Powell, Kindergarten teacher, and Lois Dietz, secretary, effective the end of May due to retirement.
· Approved the resolutions of commendation for the following:
Regional Power of the Pen qualifiers – Olivia Ewry, Crystal Altstaetter, Amber Ferguson, Ali’sia Hoskins, Lillian Koenig
High School Band for earning a Superior I rating at OMEA competition.
Livestock Judging Team for their 2nd place finish – Logan Russell placing 1st overall
FCCLA Parli Pro Teams for earning a gold rating and qualifying for state –
Casie Bergman, Heather Brown, Jessica Dietz, Caitlin Lane, Colleen Maurer,
Claire McCullough, Logan Pitts
Bethany Christman, Andrea Goettemoeller, Vicki Grillot, Courtney Kohler, Becca Knoop,
Erin Place, Denise Schwartz, Lindsey Schneider
Shelby Boyd – gold rating and state qualifying in Teach & Train FCCLA competition
FCCLA Chapter Showcase – Gold rating and competition at state
Brooke Bornhorst, Kaitlyn Schmerge, Mackenzie Brown
· Entered executive session to discuss personnel – contract status – and acquisition of land.
· Agreed to accept the donation of the track land from the athletic boosters.
· Set a special Board meeting for April 3, 2013, to accept bids for the construction of the new building.
· Agreed to proceed to become a part of the Western Ohio Soccer League for both the boys and girls teams.
The Board heard updates on the following:
· The groundbreaking ceremony for the new building will be held on April 14, 2013, at 2 PM. The ceremony will be held at 404 E. State St.
· The District earned an Excellent rating on the 2011-12 local report card. Our district was ranked 20th in the state with our performance index 108.77 (the highest we have ever earned). Our value added gain was +.8
· The Board learned that the district was selected as a pilot for the Thinkgate IIS system as part of RttT.
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School