The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on February 14, 2013, and took the following actions:
· Approved the minutes of the January 9, 2013, reorganizational meeting and the regular January 9, 2013, meeting, and the special board meeting of January 21, 2013.
· Approved the Financial Report by Fund
· Reviewed the Investment Report
· Reviewed the Payroll, Expenses, Receipts, and GF Balances for FY09, 10, 11, 12, and 13 and cash balance report.
· Approved the following Then and Now purchase: Purchase Order #20019 to DP&L for the cost to install 3-phase electric service at the new building site. This is co-funded.
· Committee Reports:
o Finance & Audit – we will have an audit in March 2013. Reviewed the possibility of having an independent auditor come in.
· Approved overnight trips as presented: 6th grade trip to Henry Ford/Greenfield Village on May 9 & 10; FFA State Convention on May 2 & 3; FCCLA State Convention on April 17 – 19.
· Approved book fees for the 2013-14 school year with no increases.
· Hired the following: Dylan Newman as Throws Coach; Jenny Kinninger as Varsity Assistant Softball Coach; Kristen Altstaetter and Victoria Kesler as substitute teachers; Cheryl Fark as substitute tutor/substitute teacher; and Kathy Roggenkamp as intervention specialist.
· Joined OSBA for the calendar year 2013 at a rate of $2981.00.
· Approved the resolution authorizing the president of the board and treasurer to enter into a construction contractor retainage escrow agreement with U.S. Bank National Association.
· Approved a resolution accepting the amounts and rates as determined by the budget commission and authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying to the county auditor.
· Entered executive session to consider the purchase of property and to discuss an issue with a student which is confidential.
· Left executive session.
· Approved a donation of $100 from Heine Roggenkamp for the Roggenkamp Education Scholarship.
· Accepted the resignation of Dave Maurer as the 2013 JV Baseball Coach.
· Authorized the superintendent to begin the process of acquiring the land for the track.
· Authorized the superintendent to place bids for the track.
· The school staff will participate in Alice training in preparation for the 2013-14 school year.
· We will be purchasing textbooks for the 2013-14 school year.
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School