To be endorsed as a school social worker in Idaho you need the following:
- An MSW from a CSWE Accreditated University.
- Completed a graduate level school social work course.
- Completed an advanced MSW practicum in school social work.
- OR, be able to demonstrate significant social work practice with children and families.
- Be a licensed social worker certified by the Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licenses.
To obtain the endorsements send the following:
- A transcript showing your MSW course work.
- A copy of the syllabus and/or course description of the school social work class you have completed.
- A copy of your resume
- A filled in copy of the State of Idaho Department of Education Endorsement Form B2. This can be obtained at: http://www.sde.idaho.gov/site/teacher_certification/
- A self-addressed envelop
Robin W. Allen, PhD, MSW
Boise State University
School of Social Work
1910 University DR
Boise ID 83725-1940
Failure to send the appropriate materials will delay the review of your application.