To be endorsed as a school social worker in Idaho you need the following:

  1. An MSW from a CSWE Accreditated University.
  2. Completed a graduate level school social work course.
  3. Completed an advanced MSW practicum in school social work.
  4. OR, be able to demonstrate significant social work practice with children and families.
  5. Be a licensed social worker certified by the Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licenses.
To obtain the endorsements send the following:

  1. A transcript showing your MSW course work.
  2. A copy of the syllabus and/or course description of the school social work class you have completed.
  3. A copy of your resume
  4. A filled in copy of the State of Idaho Department of Education Endorsement Form B2.  This can be obtained at:  http://www.sde.idaho.gov/site/teacher_certification/
  5. A self-addressed envelop 

Robin W. Allen, PhD, MSW
Associate Professor
Boise State University
School of Social Work
1910 University DR
Boise ID 83725-1940
Failure to send the appropriate materials will delay the review of your application.