Who we are, what do we do, where do we do it!
We are a group of BSAC qualified scuba divers and are one of
several Singapore branches of the British Sub-Aqua Club or better known
among divers as “BSAC”.
Blue Barracuda Dive Club had its
beginnings with a gathering of young enthusiastic scuba divers who were
trained under the BSAC scuba diving syllabus. These young divers soon
realized that the BSAC training syllabus gave divers a sound platform
to pursue this sport in a safe manner but also encouraged development
in skills and adventurism within safe limits. With that in mind, a
common bond in the love of the sea and a keen sense of adventure, they
came together over one post-dive pot-luck dinner in 2003 and started
the Blue Barracuda Dive Club.
Since that evening, the group
registered with the British Sub-Aqua Club headquarters in the United
Kingdom to become its 2362nd branch. The branch took the name “Blue
Barracuda” as it reflected the group’s sense of adventure and love for
We aim to: -
- Promote safety in scuba diving by encouraging and facilitating the development of safety techniques for scuba diving as a sport
- Facilitate training and provide opportunities for scuba-diving as a sport in accordance with the standards of the British Sub-Aqua Club.
- Provide members with an avenue to channel their energies in the wholesome pursuit of sports scuba diving achievement and excellence.
- Train scuba divers to develop their potential in terms of safety and ability.
- Promote friendship among scuba divers and enthusiasts.
What Are We Up To Now?
Blue Barracuda conducts several BSAC scuba-diving courses during
the year, ranging from the BSAC Ocean Diver Course for beginners, to
the BSAC Combined Nitrox Course which trains scuba divers in the safe
usage of oxygen enriched gas mixtures. Our dive instructors also
regularly work with the Singapore BSAC Regional Coaching Team to
conduct other BSAC courses.
Apart from training, we also organize dive trips and other social gatherings for our branch members.
We are not alone
Blue Barracuda is one of many BSAC clubs and schools. In Singapore, these consists of:
|BS-AC SCHOOL 183 |
|Leeway Sub-Aquatic Paradise |
|BS-AC SCHOOL 316||M.V. Empress|
|BS-AC SCHOOL 395||Mata Ikan School|
|SPECIAL BRANCH 758||The Tanglin Club|
|BS-AC BRANCH 854||Dive Club 854|
|BS-AC BRANCH 1189||Kampong Glam Dive Club|
|BS-AC BRANCH 1379||Kallang Dive Club|
|SPECIAL BRANCH 1985||Raffles Marina|
|BS-AC BRANCH 2362||Blue Barracuda Divers|
|BS-AC BRANCH 2377||V3 Aquatic Club|
Some essential BSAC links for our club members: