Published in a limited edition in 2016, PARKER: A Miscellany is a non-fiction companion to the Charlie Parker novels, using music as a starting point for much of its contents. PARKER: A Miscellany includes:
- Introductions to the first 13 Parker novels and Bad Men, including an as-yet-unpublished introduction to A Song of Shadows.
- An essay on every song to feature on the six CD compilations created for the books, with each song as a window on the Parker novels, music, writing, or general creativity.
- "The Music Lover," a long essay on John's life as a music fan.
- Revised versions of three essays previously published in other volumes, collected here for the first time: "The Origins of Charlie Parker;" "No Blacks, No Dogs, No Crime Writers: Ireland and the Mystery Genre;" and "Introduction to the Scorpion Press edition of The Glass Rainbow by James Lee Burke."
At nearly 300 pages, the book comes in a red slipcase with a ribbon bookmark. Noted artist Neil Shawcross designed the detailed wraparound cover, in full color.
COPYRIGHT©2016 Bad Dog Books LtdFIRST PUBLISHED
Bad Dog Books Ltd (Ireland)
HB - 285 pages - 04/05/2016 (Ireland) - ISBN: 9780957652613
*matches copy number of SN02: 2006: THE BOOK OF LOST THINGS Limited Edition.
- HB Limited edition #XVII of XX (17 of 20) in black slipcase for private distribution (signed by John and illustrator Neil Shawcross)
- Soundtracks Vols I-VI CD Box (box of all six of the Charlie Parker CDs issued to date (signed by John) (came with 1. above)
- HB Limited Edition #122* of 900 in red slipcase (signed)
- Soundtracks Vols I-VI CD Box (box of all six of the Charlie Parker CDs issued to date) (unsigned) (came with 3. above)