Location: Övraby, Tomelilla
Location Visit: 22.06.2012
Notes: The property appears to have been unoccupied for some considerable time - quite possibly back to the time of filming. I was not able to gain access inside the house or barn.
1. The killers come across the fields to the farm.
2. The front aspect of the farmhouse.
2a. And the abandoned farmhouse in the pouring rain.
1. Kurt arrives in his car.
1a. We arrived in our car.
2. Kurt pulls up at the farm.
2a. This was felt to be a safe enough distance at the time of arrival!
3. Kurt hurries to the entrance.
3a. No hurry needed here. The property had been unoccupied for some time.
2. In the front hallway.
3. Outside from the field across from the access road.
4. What is the opening in the wall on the left hand side for?
5. An old-fashioned ceiling rose with a newer electrical connection.
6. The front door again.
6a. Firmly locked this time.
8. Fields to the left. The access road to the right.
8a. Fields to the left. The access road to the right.
1. A better view from across the field.
2. And closer. Water tank, red barn, and utility pole, with farmhouse in trees to the right.
2a. Due to the inclement weather I was unable to get a long shot of the farm. Instead I captured two identifying points instead: the water tank, seen lower left in image 2 (above), and...
2b. The outer barn door, seen lower middle in image 2 (above).
3. The open front door as Kurt enters the property. Note neighbouring properties in background (to right) and reflection (to left of centre).
3a. Same properties to right and in reflection.
4. That ceiling rose again.
5. In the barn.
IMAGE SOURCE: BBC DVD; Ian S. Bolton