Give to our students
Helping People Help Themselves and Others
Blessing Hands helps Chinese students stay in school and reach their potential. We are seeking sponsors to give school support for our rural students. Our rural Chinese students are often boarding students. They pay for all their school meals, school books, and extra school fees. Chinese high school students need tuition support also since free public tuition usually ends in the 9th grade in China.
Our students come from
poor rural areas of China's Guangxi, Yunnan, Gansu,
and Guizhou Provinces.
They are usually from single-parent homes or live with grandparents because they have absent parents. They are often the "left-behind children" of migrant workers. Many are from the minority Buyi, Yao, Lisu, or Miao people. Blessing Hands also helps poor city students in the city of Manila in the Philippines islands. In 2019 we branched out to help students in Thailand and Myanmar.
When our students graduate from high school, we look for vocational college and university scholarships to fulfill our students' dreams of escaping poverty. Since we have been sponsoring students through our Blessing Hands charity for over 15 years, we have helped over a hundred students receive higher education.
Blessing Hands serves schools by giving schools Libraries, computers, or books. Blessing Hands also helps primary rural schools receive small playground equipment, sports supplies, musical instruments, and educational supplies. Medical care is given to our students through dental and eyeglass clinics and direct medical care for students with special needs.
We have helped communities with gifts
of wheelchairs and helped a Chinese special education school in Du'an secure computer training for their blind students. We help volunteers participate in special summer projects such as summer English camps and workshops on various themes. In all our projects, we seek to be a blessing hand to others and encourage our students to be a blessing hand volunteer to others.
Blessing Hands is registered as a United States 501(c)3 public charity with the EIN no. of 20-4794276. Your gifts are tax-deductible in the United States. However, Blessing Hands is also a registered foreign NGO in China. Our USA charity headquarters is in Morehead, Kentucky, while our Chinese office is in Nanning City in the province of Guangxi, China.
Our staff members in China are mostly volunteers and all Chinese.
Volunteer teachers select students and make sure they get their school support.
Betty Cutts, our Founder, and volunteer Director works with a volunteer Board of Directors.
Blessing Hands is a registered 501(3)(c) public charity. Checks can be sent to Blessing Hands, 106 Timber Lane, Morehead, KY 40351. Ask us how to give in China to our RMB account in Guangxi Province.
Blessing Hands charity is dedicated to nurturing disadvantaged students by providing access to educational opportunities and international friendships.
Most of our Chinese students live in the Guangxi Province of China. We also help Filipino children in Manila, Thai students in Chiang Mao, and Masaland students in the Chin State of Myanmar.
Objectives and Programs
Blessing Hands initiatives are designed to:
- To watch over our students' educational and physical welfare by removing problems to learning and growth.
- Provide safe environments and supports for students to thrive and grow during the formative years of their lives.
- Help students to hope toward the future and acquire an interest in studies like English that will give them a door into more opportunities.
- Stimulate students to be givers rather than receivers - passing along blessings to others.
- Develop altruism and charity in students through volunteer activities.
- To foster a family atmosphere of caring with their fellow Blessing Hands students and sponsors.
Programs currently sponsored by Blessing Hands are:
- Providing school aid to primary students
- Providing food assistance to middle school students
- Providing tuition assistance to secondary school students
- Providing college scholarships
- Encouraging book donations and funding for primary school libraries
- Sponsoring special summer projects such as workshops, camps, clinics, and training
- Providing rural primary schools with school supplies and equipment
Why You Should Support Our Charity?
These are our guiding Principles
- “Honesty and truth are first.”
We desire integrity in everything done or said, both dealing with others and within the structure of Blessing Hands.
- “We are one family of mankind and worthy of equal opportunity and care.”
We want our students to feel like they are a family and be willing to view one another as a family helping one another.
- “Be faithful to commitments.”
We stand by our students and do not remove support lightly.
- “It is better to give than receive.”
We encourage Blessing Hands students to pass on what they have received, becoming a blessing to others as they have been, and are blessed.
- “People are more important than things."
This principle makes us want to give tuitions rather than build structures.