You must be logged in to Google with your BISP email to access the secure content on this site.
What The Department Does
- Maintaining a Register of students with additional educational needs.
- Gathering information, assessing and operationalising interventions, then reviewing and sharing.
- Providing support to students so that they can make the rate of progress required to sustain personal educational development.
- Provide in-class support to maintain progress.
- Devise strategies and systems to make learning easier for individuals.
- Learn how a student works best and understand any barriers they may have occurred towards learning.
- Provide a Profile Individualised learning plan (ILP) that is always available to teaching staff that provides key information to support students.
- Have a clear Referral system for students who may require support.
- Support teachers to manage and provide appropriate material for their students.
- To run group work sessions to develop social skills.
- To provide movement sessions to help students develop motor planning and coordination.
- To provide emotional support to students who are experiencing difficulties, socially and emotionally.
- To put workshops on to offer information or skills to help colleagues develop their understanding of children with additional needs.
- To liaise with parents and provide information, support and ideas.