Outdoor Education Adventures is a co-ed physical Education course where students are taught life-long skills by using an integrated curriculum of science, math, writing, critical thinking skills and computer technology.
The Outdoor Education Adventures course includes the following units:
1. Team Building and Team Challenges
2. Texas Parks & Wildlife Department's Hunter Education (TPWD Hunter Ed Card is $15)
3. Orienteering/Compass Unit
4. National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP)
5. Outdoor Cooking
1. Texas Parks & Wildlife Department's Boater Education (TPWD Boater Safety Card is $20)
2. Camping and Survival Unit
3. Outdoor Cooking (Campfire/Coals/Dutch Ovens)
4. Nation Archery in the Schools Program
5. Outdoor Games/Leisure Activities
Class Fee $10 per semester to cover equipment and materials used for the course. TPWD Cards are an additional optional cost, but all students will receive the instruction and exams in those units.
I am a certified Physical Education Teacher, certified Texas Parks & Wildlife Instructor, as well as a certified National Archery in the Schools Instructor. These certifications allow me to certify students in these areas.
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) Adventure/Outdoor Education course is found under physical education, Section 116.53.
The Outdoor Adventures (OA) curriculum covers all of the TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills) in Section 116.53.