The first annual STEAM Global Cardboard Challenge is here!
The Global Cardboard Challenge is an annual event presented by the Imagination Foundation that celebrates child creativity and the role communities can play in fostering it. For more information, visit www.cardboardchallenge.com.
The STEAM World Clock Challenge
Design and build a working clock to be part of a world time clock display at STEAM
September 28-October 30
1. Work alone, with a partner, or in a group. You can even get your parents to help!
2. Research a country, state, or city.
3. Design a working clock that includes elements of the country, state, or city.
4. All designs must be drawn on graph paper and approved by Mrs. Morgan or Mr. Thames
5. Using the design process, plan and build a working clock.
6. You are welcome to work in the makerspace area during intervention time if your grades are in good standing.
For examples, Google images of "Cardboard Clock"
Here is an example of a clock created by a student in Michael Buist's class at the Knox Gifted Academy in Arizona
Photo: Buistbunch https://www.flickr.com/photos/buistbunch/21114218824/
Cardboard - You are welcome to use the cardboard we have collected - first come, first serve
Taking it Global
Other schools are welcome to join us in the project. Please join our collaborative Wikispace, create a page for your school, and post pictures and videos of your projects.
What's Your Passion? >