Laconia, New Hampshire and the surrounding area are rich in history and fascinating stories from hundreds of years ago. Here you can learn more about Laconia from historical information to present day facts and figures.
Did you know that....
- Laconia is the 9th largest city in New Hampshire?
- There are three main areas of Laconia...downtown Laconia, Lakeport, and The Weirs?
- The Weirs was named by colonists for fishing weirs?
- Laconia was settled in 1761 when it was called Meredith Bridge?
- Laconia has been the county seat of Belknap County since 1840?
- Laconia is known as the "City on the Lakes"?
Find more information here:
City of Laconia, NH http://www.cityoflaconianh.org/
Laconia Historical and Museum Society http://www.laconiahistorical.org/
Lake Winnipesaukee Museum http://www.lwhs.us/