1. In your BMail account, click on Settings -- Forwarding and POP/IMAP and make sure IMAP is enabled in BMail settings
2. In Outlook 2003, Click Tools and then Email Accounts
4. Click on New and then Select: IMAP, then Next
5. Enter the following settings:
Your Name: First and Last Name
E-mail Address: userID@binghamton.edu
Account Type: IMAP
Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
User Name: userID@binghamton.edu
Password: BMail password.
6. Click on the Advanced Tab
Change the Server Port Numbers to:
Incoming Server (IMAP): 993 with SSL encryption method
Outgoing Server (SMTP) : 465 with TLS encryption method
7. Click on the Outgoing Server Tab
Make sure that My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is selected.
Use same settings as my incoming mail server should also be selected.