Our program aims at developing informed and responsible citizens. It helps build character by providing skills in citizenship and leadership. Cadets learn about ethics, leadership, follower-ship, fitness, group goal setting, problem solving and self-discipline. Cadets learn to respect themselves, peers, superiors, and subordinates. The courses are offered as single block classes, for two semesters per academic year. This is a year long course of instruction and there are four years worth of curriculum available.
There is NO military obligation involved with taking this course. All uniforms, equipment and textbooks are supplied.
1. Each student must wear a MCJROTC uniform once a week and look presentable.
2. Each student must participate in physical fitness and take a physical fitness test during each semester (which consists of sit-ups, pull-ups, push-ups, standing long jump and 300 yard shuttle).
Six major goals of MCJROTC:
1. To develop informed and responsible citizens.
2. To build character of each individual student. Cadets learn about ethics, leadership, follower-ship, desirable traits and self-discipline.
3. To teach cadets about the elements and requirements of national security.
4. To develop discipline. A good leader is one who has self-control and will remain calm in difficult situations. Self-discipline is a starting point to success.
5. To develop a respect for authority in any organization and in life. The cadets learn to respect peers, superiors, subordinates, parents, and faculty.
6. To enlighten cadets about possible career and educational choices available after graduation from high school.