Friends of Belmont Skiing
Friends of Belmont Skiing is a 501(c)3 non-profit formed in the Spring of 2012 by parents of students participating on the Belmont High School Ski Team. We have been fortunate to have the benefit of the efforts of many parents who came before us who believed that having alpine skiing as a Varsity Sport in Belmont was important. We encourage any parent that can help to subscribe to our Facebook page as we will use this to publicize events and volunteer opportunities.
Our major fund-raising activity during the year is the Annual Ski Sale typically held in November. Parents also supply meals on race days at Nashoba Valley during the week, and snacks for bus rides to training at Wachusett. We also fund the end-of-year banquet as well as respond to requests from the Coaches for equipment or support.
The group's Purpose (from our ByLaws):
To promote the sport of skiing for the students at Belmont High School and to inspire, develop and maintain the interest in skiing by Belmont High School students. Specifically, the organization will:
1. work with and assist the Belmont High School coaches in building a competitive high school ski team;
2. cooperate with the Belmont Recreation Department in its conduct of recreation programs for Belmont youth;
3. encourage activity that will stimulate interest in the Belmont High School Ski Team;
4. conduct fundraising activities as necessary to finance the Ski Team and related programs;
5. conduct such other activities necessary in carrying out the goals and programs described above.
If you have any questions or would like to get involved email us at FOBS(at)belmontskiteam.com