Facilities Use Page 

The Bedford School Board allows the use of school facilities by the community for educational, recreational, civic and cultural activities. When space is available, at times that do not interfere with District instructional programs, student activities and school related groups, community members may apply to reserve school facilities on a scheduled basis. A brief description of the application process has been provided below. A list of Frequently Asked Questions can be accessed here.


To reserve a school facility, a Request for Facility Use online application must be completed. If this is the first time that you are submitting a facility use request online, you will need to follow these instructions to request an account and setup your organization. After your organization has been setup and approved, you will get a notification that you are able to submit a request for facility use. Click here to view the instructions to login and request facility use. 

A listing of facilities available for use can be viewed here. Depending on the type event you wish to hold, the application process may require review and approval of the Bedford School Board and/or the Bedford Police and Fire Departments. For more information on when these approvals are required, please refer to the Health & Safety section below. A certificate of insurance must be on file at the SAU Office prior to any facility use approval.  

Requests for the use of all school and town athletic fields must be made through the town's Parks and Recreation Director at 472-5242.

Additional Video Instructions:

Application Deadlines:

Applications for school facilities (gyms, multi-purpose rooms, etc.) must be made by the following deadlines:
Application Deadline
For Events/Functions Between
June 1
August 1 - November 30
September 15
December 1 - March 31
January 15
April 1 - July 31

Fee Structure:

Fees will be charged for the use of facilities based upon the approved facility fee schedule

General Liability Insurance:

Applicants must obtain general liability insurance, with a liability limit of $1,000,000, for their event/function. All applicants must submit proof of insurance with their completed application form. The Bedford School District must be listed as an "Additional Insured" on the certificate of insurance.

You may purchase insurance from local insurance brokers or obtain insurance through the TULIP program (Tenant User Liability Insurance Program).  Please review the documents listed below for the TULIP application.

Health & Safety:

If your event involves any of the following four items, in addition to District approval, your event may require approval from the Bedford School Board and/or the Bedford Police and Fire Departments.

1. Food will be served at the event
2. Liquor will be served at the event
3. The activity will have more than 50 attendees and participants
4. The activity will involve open flames, pyrotechnics, diminished lighting, theatrical fog/light show or changing the path of egress from a room or blocking an exit in the room.

Please click on any of the documents below for additional information:

Facility Forms