Article 3 of the Articles of Association
The purpose of the Association is to be an independent, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the development and establishment of effective processes and criteria for and related to the determination and validation and verification of emission reduction and sequestration projects and to represent the members at relevant bodies of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and other Greenhouse Gas (“GHG”) programmes that accept UNFCCC accredited bodies to carry out determination and validation or verification.
In collaboration with its members, the Association will:
- Be a forum for mediation and communication between members and UNFCCC bodies, governments, non-governmental and business associations and the general public on issues relating to the purpose of the Association;
- Be a forum for communication on experiences related to the purpose of the Association;
- Be active to put in place a robust and reliable legal basis for validation and verification services in the voluntary and regulated framework;
- Foster close links with other bodies which have responsibilities and/or exper-tise that are relevant to the Association’s purpose, including but not limited to governments, non-governmental and business organisations;
- Do all such other lawful things as may be incidental or conducive to the pur-pose of the Association and/or shall further the above objectives or any of them;
- Not to exercise any profit making activity.