- "Google Docs" includes word-processing, spreadsheet, presentations, and online forms.
- Google Docs are a great way to allow several people to access the same file, and multiple people can edit a file at the same time.
- Google Docs are not a replacement for Microsoft Office.
- Google Docs are saved on google's servers so you can get to them from anywhere you have internet.
- Log in at go.bbns.org or click on "Documents" on the top of your email screen.
- You can upload existing Microsoft Office documents into Google Docs, but complicated formatting will not transfer well.
- Click the "upload" button on top left..
- Click on settings - make sure "confirm settings before each upload" is selected
- You can also upload other types of files
- Documents can be shared internally or externally. They can be shared with individuals or with groups.
- Click the "Share" button on top right...
- Organize your documents by creating folders (called "Collections" in google docs).
- Click on the rust colored "Create" button in the top left corner of the page and click on "Collection".
- When viewing docs listing you can sort by title and see changed file are boldface.
- Find documents that you are looking for by using the search box at top of google docs home page.
- Click on the link when someone shares a document with you. This activates your ability to view and/or edit the document. You won't be able to see it otherwise.
- Enable account switching.