GSP (Global Scholars Program, formerly known as GEAC) is an honors program offered at Badger High School and the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. Graduating high school students who have demonstrated a strong interest in global citizenship by successfully completing a global curriculum, engaging in co-curricular activities, and by participating in experiences that foster the development of global competencies will be recognized upon graduation by Badger High School and by the State of Wisconsin.
Graduating seniors may be awarded the distinction of Wisconsin Global Scholar if they have completed the following requirements:
1. World Language: Four (4) credits in one world language.
2. Course Requirement: Four (4) credits in courses with global content. One of those credits may be one year of a second world language.
3. Cultural Literacy: Reflections on eight books (fiction or nonfiction) with global content. Alternately, up to four reflections may be on art, music, or film.
4. School Sponsored Activities: Each student seeking this certificate shall demonstrate interest in global citizenship through active participation and leadership in at least four (4) co-curricular and other school-sponsored or endorsed activities in grades 9-12. These activities can be single events with a global theme or after school clubs. Check google classroom for a list of events or follow the link above to investigate joining GSP approved clubs... Combining Cultures, DECA, French Club, Spanish club, Model UN, or Model Organization of American States.
5. Global Community Service: A minimum of twenty (20) hours of global service learning.
BHS faculty working with Global Scholars Candidates
Email questions to Craig Ladd (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Julie Busch (email@example.com)
BHS faculty working with Global Scholars Candidates include: Email questions to Craig Ladd (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Julie Busch (email@example.com)