The HESI Admission Assessment (A²™) must be taken as part of the admission criteria prior to applying to the Associated Degree Nursing Program after completion of the prerequisite course work. The A²™ results are used to determine readiness for admission to and success in the ADN Program.
YOU MUST HAVE COMPLETED ALL OF YOUR PRE-REQUISITE COURSES BEFORE TAKING THIS TEST. (You may sign up for a test to secure your place but may not take the test until pre-requisite courses are complete)**This test is ONLY for students applying to the ACC Nursing Program. Students taking the test for another college can contact Prometrics for testing information or the college they are applying to.
The HESI Admission Assessment fee has increased. It is now $45.00
Registration links are posted below. Please read through the page before registering.
Am I ready to take the HESI? Read the statements below.
- I have/will have completed all four pre-requisites (Traditional Track) or all eight (Mobility Track)- at the time of testing.
- My pre-requisite GPA is at least 2.7. I understand that the GPA is not rounded up, it must be 2.7.
- I have completed an Information Session.
- I have declared General Studies in Science as my major. (Your major will be changed to Nursing once you are accepted into the program)
If you answered YES to all the questions, you are ready to take the HESI.
- The registration method has changed so please print out the pages you are directed to after submitting your registration form. The department will send out the registration confirmation emails and payment forms on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The payment form is what is taken to the Cashier's Office to pay for the test. Please wait until you have received your confirmation email to pay for your test.
- Pay the $45 test fee at any ACC Campus Cashier's Office. Bring your Registration Form.
- Test scores will be available immediately after testing.
- Students who arrive later than 15 minutes past the start time of the exam will not be allowed to test and will be required to reschedule.
- If a student does not cancel their seat (4 days) prior to the test and does not show up for the test, they will not be able to retest or apply to the Nursing Program for 6 months from the date of the test.
- In addition there will be a $20.00 processing fee for students who do not show up for their scheduled test. This fee will be charged the next time you register for the HESI. Please send all reschedules and cancellation notices to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4 days prior to the test time. Note: Phone call cancellations will not be accepted. Request must be in writing.
- A student who has two No-Shows for a test will not be allowed to test with ACC in the future.
- Must make a minimum score of 75% on each graded test section (A&P, Math, Reading, Vocabulary and Grammar) in order to pass the test. There are Eight tests total to complete. (Three are not graded and are used for diagnostic purposes only, but all eight tests must be taken.)
- Students can repeat the test ONLY if they score under 75% on a graded test section. A study guide may be purchased through HESI: Click here and then click on Admission Assessment Preparation link.
- Year re-testing limits may be imposed starting in 2016.
Exams Contained in the ACC HESI A²™:
Anatomy and Physiology
Test items related to math concepts required when calculating drugs and solution problems. Sub-scoring of the following categories is provided:
- Ratio and Proportion
- Household Measures
- General Math Facts (Roman Numerals, Military Time, etc.)
- Reading scenarios related to health care topics
- The comprehension, analysis, synthesis, and application of knowledge.
Personality Profile**This test is only for students applying to the ACC Nursing Program. Students taking the test for another college can contact Prometrics for testing information or the college they are applying to.
For NEW registrations use the link below. For RESCHEDULES (not retakes) email the department at email@example.com
** ONLY register for ONE test at a time**
If multiple test are registered for and one is missed it is considered a NO SHOW and subject to the NO SHOW policy!
Test are only scheduled one semester at a time. Summer dates will be posted in May.
**ONLY REGISTER FOR ONE TEST - confirmations are sent on Tuesdays and Thursdays
October 9th EVC 9-1p registration closed
October 30th RRC 9-1p