Students determine their own research question through intensive field observations.
Research questions from previous classes:
- When are Big Brown Bats, Eptesicus fuscus, most active?
- How does fungal diversity vary in each area of Green Wing?
- How does aquatic diversity of arthropods vary among ponds at Green Wing?
- Is number of female Red-winged Blackbirds in a male territory dependent on the size of the territory?
- Does salamander larvae abundance differ among microhabitats (high vegetation, low vegetation, sunny areas, shady areas) and among different ponds at Green Wing?
- Does the frequency of songbird singing vary among species and time in the morning?
- What is the diversity of invertebrates in rotting logs?
- What is the species richness of birds in grasslands, forest, and wetlands at Green Wing?