Violence can happen at any time. In the event of violence or the threat of violence follow the following procedures:
Threat of Violence
- Any threat of violence needs to be reported to the department of Department of Security as soon as possible.
- Write down the information given for evidence
- If threat is of immediate danger, notify Security immediately by dialing *7 from any campus phone. Have them report to area stat or call 911 and report threat to police.
- Stay calm
- Do not provoke a response from individual(s)
- Call 911 as soon as it is safe to do so
- Notify security
- Remain calm and cooperative
- Do not threaten or provoke the aggressor(s)
- Take shelter or leave the area quickly and quietly
- Assist Police with information and follow their instructions
- Write down information about the incident as soon as possible