The Academy of Culinary Arts / Atlantic Cape Community College has a College Nurse and Health Office in E-Building.
- Exit ACA at doors by Careme’s.
- Turn Left , cross street, and walk to E-Building which is the large building with the gym in it. Proceed down the short hallway next to vending machine to E-106.
- Fall to Spring 9:00 - 5:00 Monday - Friday, except Thursday mornings
- Summer 8:00 - 5:00 Monday - Friday except Thursday mornings
- Thursday mornings contact Security (343-5125) in case of medical issue
- Mays Landing Health Office Phone: 609-343-5112
In Case of Cut/Laceration - Here’s what to do:
- Notify Instructor who will locate nearest First Aid Kit.
- Remain in First Aid Kit area unless instructed otherwise, in order to minimize spread of blood to food preparation area.
- Wash with soap and water if bleeding is minimal.
- With a clean, dry, gauze pad(s), cover wound and apply direct pressure to it with a gloved hand. Elevate if possible.
- Notify Security ext. 5125, who will notify College Nurse for further wound care.
In Case of Burns- Here’s what to do:
- Flush effected area with cold water until otherwise instructed.
- Notify Instructor who will notify Securiy at ext. 5125 , then will locate nearest First Aid Kit.
- First Aid responder (Security or College Nurse) will determine further care; burn creme, bandaid, or dry sterile dressing.
- If blister is present, DO NOT PUNCTURE.