American School in Taichung is an international school with a commitment to excellence, integrity, and responsibility that prepares college-bound students for a rapidly changing world.
Expected Schoolwide Learning Results (ESLRs)
The faculty, staff, and parents of American School in Taichung assist students to be:
- Lifelong learners with a grounding in literature, history and the social sciences, mathematics, physical and life sciences, the arts, and information technology.
- Critical thinkers who apply logic, reasoning and creativity to solve complex problems.
- Effective communicators who are able to read, write, listen and speak, both academically and socially, in English.
- Cooperative individuals who maintain good relationships with others and can work effectively and efficiently in a group setting.
- Productive persons who are self-disciplined and value both physical and mental effort.
- Global citizens who appreciate cultural diversity, and contribute to their world.
- Responsible individuals who demonstrate excellence and integrity, both academically and personally.
Focus ESLR by Month
|August ||School Mission|
|November ||Effective Communicators|
Focus Essential Questions by Grade Level
|Grade Level||Essential Question|
|8||What does it mean?|
|9||What opportunities does the school provide?|
|10||How am I doing?|
|11||What more do I need to do?|
|12||How does this affect my future?|