Welcome to the English Language Learner Program at Begich Middle School! Services
- Identify, assess, and diagnose the needs of bilingual students needing ELL instruction
- English-as-a-second language (ESL) classes
- Assist schools in communicating with bilingual parents in their first language, whenever possible.
- Work closely with classroom teachers, counselors, and staff to provide each bilingual-bicultural student a coordinated program of study
- Utilize the students' cultural, linguistic, and ethnic backgrounds in their instruction
- Assist in developing cultural enrichment activities and programs in classrooms and on a school-wide basis
For more information about the ELLP, please visit ASD English Language Learner Website and http://ellprogram.ning.com/