Thank you to the donors who have generously contributed to our school!
We are grateful for the generous donations that our families, neighbors, and community members have given to our school. Thank you to the following people and organizations, listed alphabetically, which have contributed to our school.
- Simon Aina, Theresa Alvarez, membership representatives, and Jenifer B. Macalino, Advantage Coordinator, from Sam’s Club, sponsored lunch for staff during Student-Led Conferences.
- Alaska Diesel Electric for donating a diesel engine for our biodiesel project in Applied Technology.
Foster, Edward Tuilana, Manuel Tumulak, staff of Alaska Native Heritage Center,
for providing classes to teach Alaskan Native dance and NYO games.
- Alaska Interstate Batteries for donating the
forklift and manpower to move the plane into the shed at Begich Middle School
Railroad Corporation for three sets of two round trip tickets to Seward and
- Ora Amos, for donating antique hand painted pottery bells from the Dominican Republic for our multicultural collection.
- Anchorage Concert Association for providing music concerts and visits with actors for assemblies at our school.
- Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum volunteers and staff for donating expertise, equipment and supplies to refurbish and install the Easy Rider Ultralight Bi-Plane and KR2 plane.
- Members of the Anchorage Experimental Aircraft Association for paying for the
crating materials and providing on-going technical support for our Begich
Build-a- Plane project.
- Alaska World Affairs Council, sponsor for four students and a teacher to attend the bi-monhtly luncheons featuring international speakers.
- Bryson Andres for providing electric violin performances, 2011 and 2012.
Circle Enterprises for Alaskan souvenirs,
stationary, hats, and other student recognition items.
- Stephanie Bristow for donating knitted hats and gloves for students.
- Principal Dan Gallego and Bartlett High School for sponsoring the Rachel's Challenge assemblies and community meeting to build compassion and kindness in our school.
- Nicholas Joseph Begich family for
donating key chains for the school dedication ceremony and $600 for the annual
Begich Learn to Lead scholarship program.
- Begich PTSA
for popsicle treats at Back-to-School night and Student-Led Conferences, gift certiﬁcates for students
who contribute artwork for our permanent art collection, gift cards to support students, handling weekly sales
in the school store, providing food for staff at registration, Student-Led Conferences
and for holidays, sponsoring the Muldoon Community Health Fair and Fall
Carnival, gift-wrapping at the Barnes & Noble Fine Arts Showcase, and grants to support our Library, Intensives and Wind Turbine project.
- Sylvia Biondich for donating homemade items for the silent auction at the annual Fall Carnival.
- Lucy and Sam Brown for donating a handmade Inupiat drum and whale baleen for the school collection.
- Joe Butler for donating $100 to purchase emergency food supplies for school lunches.
- Carr’s at
Northern Lights for donating food at registration and Student-Led Conferences.
- Connie Bensler
prints of wildlife, ﬂora, and scenery from Alaska.
- Dick Brenner, Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum, for helping with the installation of our Ultra Light East Rider and KR2 planes in the MPR.
- Dan Carey for transporting a donated Pietenpol plane for shipping to Alaska.
Transportation for moving our Pietenpol plane from New Mexico to Anchorage
and covering the cost of shipping in 2008 and moving the KR2 plane to and from Chaz Limited for painting.
- Mary Frances Charles for four boxes of
sewing materials and fabric for Family Consumer Science classes.
- Chaz Limited for painting the KR2 plane in August, 2012.
- Julianti Clarke for donating a carved ivory horn from Indonesia for our multicultural collection.
- Community judges and speakers for events such as Multilingual Marvels, We The People, and Middle School Female Math Consortium.
- Consolidated Aircraft Coatings for fabric and instruction to cover Pietenpol plane wings at Aviation Trade Show on May 1-2, 2010.
- Cook Inlet Regional Incorporated and Jim Jager for providing a $1000 grant to support our Wind Turbine project.
- Cook Inlet Tribal Council for sponsoring guest speakers, Diane Benson and Jack Dalton, for school assemblies.
for donating food for special events, and pencils and plastic tubs for
- Whitney D'Atri for donating a mask for our multicultural collection.
- Dave of Dave's Killer Bread for speaking at a school assembly and providing free bread samples.
- Sandy Davis for donating over 20
resource textbooks for Marine Biology classes.
- Denali Federal Credit Union for "The First Tee" national program which provides golf equipment and supplies totaling $3240, and scholarships for students to compete in a summer tournaments.
- Helen Dissa for donating an African animal skin drum for our music collection.
- Dino's Donuts for donating donuts for the cake walk at the annual Fall Carnival.
- Jim Dooley of Dooley’s for Begich
- East High Contempo dancers for performing their annual spring shows at all school assembles.
Eckhoff for bird and animal mounts for our mini-museum.
- Ruth and Charlie Fahl for donating notebooks and shoes.
- Tricia Farler, Quake cheerleader and professional dancer, for teaching a five week dance class at 7:30 a.m!
- Paula Field, Interim Executive Director, for arranging the sponsorship of "The First Tee" national program for PE classes.
- Fire Tap Alehouse for providing food for volunteers at our registration and activation in August, 2011.
- Department of Fish and Game staff for salmon egg collection and bear safety production.
- Ed Wing, Store Manager, and Candace Norton, Fred Meyer's for food at registration and Student-Led Conferences, annual large pumpkins for school math contest, 25 bike helmets for Intensives, and 250 cans to match our cranberry food drive donation for the Alaska Food Bank.
- Frontier Flyers for donating $100 to support the Begich Build-A-Plane project, and for running a booth at our annual Fall Carnival.
- Karen Forster for giving an embroidered deign from Panama for our school multicultural collection.
- Jeannette Gonzales for donating two Korean bridal dolls in a glass display case.
Gorsuch for donating 40 years of National Geographic magazines for our
library, along with aviation and astronomy journals.
- Howard Hansen, for donating awards for the quarterly Achievement Awards celebration and sponsoring the 50+ points on SBA celebration for students with guest skateboard performer, Tim Byrne.
- Michelle Harris for donating two carved wood bear sculptures for our Multipurpose Room stage and Mardi Gras dolls for our library.
- Great Harvest Bread Company for donating cookies for our Open House and 8th grade celebration.
$500 BP Fabric of America grants, 2007-2013.
- Alan Heckart for donating over 50
plaster pottery molds for our art classes.
- Marika Hinton for donating a saxophone for our band program.
- Home Depot for donating two cans of silver paint for our ultra light Easy Rider plane.
- Bob Jennings for donating the Easy Rider Ultra Light and KR2 planes to our school for refurbishing.
- Johnson Controls for donating $1000 to support the development our wind turbine project.
- Sandra and Larry Johnson for $300 BP Fabric of America grant, 2011.
- Hal Johnston, Jr. for donating the Millennium World
Atlas, Cosmos book, Birds of America, Illustrated History of Native Americans, Flora of Alaska, The Power to Heal, The Complete Earth, and astronomy posters to our library.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken and Mitch Clark, Manager, for donating 160 pieces of chicken for a science lab.
- Kim Ketchum, owner of Arctic-Circle Custom Framing, for the donation of picture frames.
- Debbie Laflamme, of The Clothesline, for four gift certificates to give as door prizes.
- Norm Lagasse, Executive Director of
the Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum, for supporting the Begich Build-a-Plane
project and helping us secure a booth at the annual Air Trade Show at FedEx.
- Mother Lawrence for the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. choir concert performance assembly.
- John Lucking for volunteering to build the
Adirondack boat with Scott McKim, and donating an author signed copy of Gold Rush Runaway by Douglas DeVries to our library.
- Joe Martin for the $300 BP Fabric of America grant, 2011-2012, and 2012-13 to support the Special Education program and purchase technology for improving communication at Special Education parent meetings.
- Laura Martin for donating 1/8 and 1/4 violins to our music department.
- Scott McKim for donating a soccer ball and flag from the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
- Dennis Miller for donating aviation related magazines for use in the the library and classrooms.
- E. Mitch Mitchell, volunteer from the Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum, for assisting the students with making wing ribs with jigs during Saturday sessions of the Begich Build-a-Plane and technical expertise and supplies for refurbishing and hanging the Easy Rider Bi-Plane and KR2 plane.
- Ann Morgester, ASD Curriculum Coordinator, Libraries, for arranging the donation of two historical Alaska photos, valued at $150 each, for our library.
Community Assembly volunteers for sponsorship of the quarterly 4.0 GPA award
breakfasts and Achievement Award pizza parties, and 100 handmade winter hats.
- Deb Mulcahy for donating a homemade jeans quilt for the silent auction at the annual Fall Carnival.
- Senator Lisa Murkowski for donating maps and US Government pamphlets for our Social Studies department.
- Tiffany and David Nogg for their gifts to the school from Mexico and Central America.
Nyman for the $250 BP Fabric of America
grant, 2009-2010, and $300 BP Fabric of America grant, 2010-2011, so that Life Skills students can participate in the Challenge skiing at Alyeska.
Millington, Vice President of the Performing Arts Center, for hosting three
performers from the Lion King for a sixth grade assembly.
- Robin Murphy for painting and framing a snow leopard watercolor for display in our main office.
- Tiffany and David Nogg for giving multicultural gifts to the school from Mexico and Central America.
- Odom Corporation for water and snacks at registration.
- Out North Art House for sponsoring "In Our Own Words" theater, poetry and music residencies with guest artists.
Campbell, Julia Havlovic, Sarah Roberts and Kirk Scoﬁeld, and Medical Assistant,
Walter Barber, Providence Family
Medical Center residents, for providing over 30 free sports physicals.
Mexican Grill for providing food for
registration and health fair volunteers and staff during Student-Led Conferences, and Catering certificate for our silent auction.
- Cindy Pendleton for donating a signed Alaska print and book for our library.
- Kenneth Perdew for donating a pair of hockey skates to our PE Department.
- Jim Posey for initial PTSA start up donation of $1500 and for providing $100 to purchase special notebook portfolios and section dividers for students.
- Prestige Care for providing the School Business Partnership end-of-year luncheon.
- Liz and Skip Repetto for donating a Wii sports Console, Wii Play software with remote, Wii Nunchuk, and Wii NHL 2K10 software.
- Roberta B. Rinehart, Executive Director, and Sitka Summer Music Festival of Sitka and Anchorage, for two tickets to the festival on September 24-26, 2010.
- ASD Safe and Drug Free School staff, Stan Mayra and Julie Vincek, for arranging the Rachel's Challenge assemblies for our school.
- Sam’s Club for $1000 check to provide student recognition efforts. Thanks to Simon Aina, Theresa Alvarez, membership. representatives, and Jenifer B. Macalino, Advantage Coordinator, for sponsoring a luncheon for staff during Student-Led Conferences.
- Lorena Scalph, for donating language arts books and novels to our school, and for designing our monthly staff birthday bulletin board, 2007 to present.
Scott for building the crate to
ship our Pietenpol plane from New Mexico to Anchorage.
Sheneman family for mallard, pheasant, and
wood duck mounts.
- Lynn Skurla, Skurla Business and Hospitality Systems, for donating a cash register and providing training for Spot Cafe staff.
- Angie Slingluff, FAA, who has facilitated many aspects of the
Begich Build-a- Plane project.
- Erynn Smith, Anchorage Concert Association, for arranging concert and guest speaker assembles at our school, including performers from Brasil Guitar Duo and Te Vaka.
- Rob Stapleton of the
Experimental Aircraft Association, for on-going support of our Begich Build-a-Plane
- Barry Steinkruger, of Anderson Electric, for his pro bono labor work to provide electric power for our chicken coop.
- Randy Tierney for making a watercolor painting gift of snow leopards for our school.
- United Way of Anchorage, under the leadership of Sue Brogan and Michelle Brown, for sponsoring the 90% by 2020 campaign at Begich Middle School and providing a large signed and framed photograph of the 90% by 2020 event..
- University of Alaska Anchorage, Confucius Institute, for annual Chinese calendars and bus transportation so that our students could attend the annual UAA language fair.
- USAF 3rd Maintenance Squadron members for on-going support with refurbishing the Easy Rider Ultra-Light and KR2 planes.
- Gary Utt, of Frontier Flyers, for volunteering at our school, and organizing booths during our annual Fall Carnival.
- Rob VonHerbruck for his gift to our school of an Australian Aboriginal painting on Eucalyptus wood.
- Joedy Wake for ten boxes of school
- Walgreens for bottles of hand sanitizers, school supplies and prizes for student and staff
recognition, snack foods, 100+ pound pumpkins for our annual contest, 1000 math calculators, $500
sponsorship fee for the Muldoon Community Health Fair, and supplies for community service projects.
- Wal-Mart for card supplies used in Mini-Society business and a
check for $3000 for student recognition efforts.
- Arlene Walsh family for providing inspiration, records and logs for
our Begich Build-a-Plane project.
- Janice Weiss, from YWCA, for LEGO Robotics sets.
- Andre Williams, Jr., aka Blaack, for performing at an all-school assembly on September 17, 2010.
- Steve Wilson for donating DVDs such as Lion King, Pinocchio, A Series of Unfortunate Events, among others, for our library and purchasing gift Memory Books for students.
- Brett Woern for donating three-ring notebooks for student use.
- Kristin Wognild for donating a
Czechoslovakian wooden ornament for our multicultural collection.
- Dr. Mark
Wolbers, UAA Professor of Clarinet,
providing weekly private clarinet lessons for advanced clarinet students, and
the annual UAA Wind Ensemble concert.
- Curt Zakrzewski, General Manager of Aurora Vending, for snacks and beverages during registration, in service days, student-led conferences, and student recognition.
- Oscar Zuniga for donating the Pietenpol plane for our Begich Build-a-Plane project.