"A book is a gift you can open again and again." — Garrison Keillor
My name is Susan Wells and I am the Librarian at Wildwood School. I love sharing books and reading with children.
All students come to the library once a week for a library class where we focus on:
· interactive read alouds
· fostering a love of reading
· finding “Just Right Books”
· understanding how a library is organized
· caring for library books and being a responsible library-user
· research skills
· asking questions and finding answers
· thinking critically about a story
It is always my goal to have the library curriculum parallel the classroom units of study and research but more importantly I see the library as the place to CONNECT READERS TO BOOKS!
WE ARE ALL READERS!