History

Originally our lovely old preschool was a home and some alterations were undertaken in 1945. Later it was owned and occupied by the Heretaunga Scout group as their Scout hall. 

1993 the Heretaunga Scout Group added the entry porch for hanging their coats
1996 approval was granted for its use as a Montessori pre-school
1997 opens as Upper Valley Montessori
1997 an addition to the porch was completed
1999 the climbing platform was built
2000 the property was subdivided and a house was built next door
2009 the new wide deck with its covered roof and new ramps for disabled access was built. This enabled the children to work outside all year round.
2011 Renamed Aroha Montessori under new ownership and was re-licenced under 2008 ECE regulations.
2012 Major classroom upgrade was completed and a brand new roof added
2013 The entire building was stripped back to bare boards, repaired and repainted
2014 Authentic Montessori furniture and equipment imported from Italy
2015 Plans for a new outdoor environment were drawn up