Welcome to Digital Media & Literacy!
- Our class teaches sixth-grade students about computer science.
- We'll learn computer programming. We'll make games, animated artwork, and interactive stories using a programming language called Scratch. At the same time, we'll learn about some big ideas of computer science like algorithms and pattern recognition. You can read more about these ideas in Calendar, Grading, & Objectives.
- We'll create websites. We'll also learn about the technologies that animate the web — Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), the hexadecimal number system, and more.
- We'll learn a bit about how computers, the Web, and the Internet work.
- It's going to be a busy year!