This is the teacher site of Paul Deiss, instructor with the Musical Theater Department.
Here you will find materials for the Musical Theater Applied Voice (MTAV) classes, Theater History, Acting One and Acting Three.
Use the menu on the left to navigate.
Here is some information about the audio accompaniment tracks you may use from this site:
- This site is for sharing music studied in class.
- To the left is a menu of classes and other projects.
- Click on a class to see a menu of files, which are mostly .mp3 audio. (There are also sub-pages within most menus, so look closely.)
- The files will allow students to study material with accompaniment only (there are no vocals on the audio files.)
- Files are usually added to this site after they have been introduced in class.
- These files are a great way to expand your personal repertoire (e.g., for auditions, recitals, cabarets) so please don't limit yourselves to the material being covered in your classes alone. Explore!
Note: When a song title is followed by a number (e.g., -4, +2, -1, etc.) it means the original key has been altered by this increment of semitones (half-steps.)