The Google Gooru brought in a guest to demonstrate how to create a Grading Rubric using Google Forms. This could have other applications and is very simple to set up. You can view this announcement to click on this link
or go to the Google Docs/Drive section and select #11 from the Table of Contents.
Just posted in the Calendar Section of the Help Site a video showing how to change the ownership of an appointment. This is great when roles change and you are no longer responsible for a recurring appointment. You can check it out by going to the Calendar section and selecting #9.
The Google Gooru has done a short video to show how you share and use shared circles. You can check it out in the Google+ Section or Click here
Just found a great little video that shows we can now copy a list from a document and paste it into a form. You can check out the video #10 on the Table of Contents on the Docs/Drive page or here on YouTube
It was previously announced Google was going to eliminate appointment slots, however, Google reversed this decision based on their customer feedback.
Several months ago, we announced the early availability of Google Drive: one place to create, collaborate, share and keep all your APU stuff. If you didn’t previously opt in to Google Drive, you’ll see a banner message soon to try it out. Around the end of November, the new look for Google Drive will become permanent.
(estimates provided by Google, actual rollout could vary)
The thing to remember, is that Google Drive is the new home for your Google Docs. Instead of clicking ‘Documents’ in your black Google navigation bar, you will click on ‘Drive’. All your files that were previously stored in Google Docs will now be available in Google Drive. What has Changed?
- If you did not opt in previously to Google Drive:
- Starting Nov 8, you will see a banner in Google Docs that reads, “The old look of Google Docs will be going away soon - Upgrade” and will include a link to allow you to switch to the Drive web interface.
- Starting Nov 15, you will automatically be switched to the new interface. You can still switch back to the old Docs look (by clicking the gears icon and selecting 'Temporarily use the old look").
- Starting Nov 29, the new look will become permanent. This means if you had previously tried out Google Drive but clicked ‘Temporarily use the old look’ you will automatically be switched to the new interface.
What is New?
- Collections are now called folders.
- The left navigation has new views:
- My Drive (See just your own stuff)
- Shared with me (See just those items that have been shared with you)
- Activity (This is like the original home view, with both of the above mixed in together)
- The Home view is gone. Instead, use My Drive to organize all of your files, folders, and Google Docs.
- Access everywhere, every device. Drive comes with desktop and mobile apps, making it much easier to upload, sync and access your stuff from any device. Get Drive for Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS and you can create and edit documents, open and share files, and upload photos and videos.
- Work with any file. Any file or folder that you choose to put into your Google Drive folder on your desktop, including Word docs, Excel spreadsheets, videos or images, are available from your applications file -> open/save interfaces, similar to how you work with items on your personal file shares.
- Grid View. View and search Google Drive on the web in a visual way.
Where to Get More Information?
There's a new training video posted in the Contacts section showing how to transfer a Contact distribution list from on Google user to another. Check it out!
Google's search is possibly the best in the business and if
you're looking to improve your skills then this free online course is
The "Power searching with Google" class starts on July 10th
may sign up with either personal your Gmail account or your APU account
(you may want to use your personal account cause they will be using
Google+ for at least part of it)
The course will consist of six 50 minute classes that you can take
whenever you like over a two week period. The course will consist of
some traditional exercises, interactive searching, Google+ Hangouts on
air, and Google Groups.
Sign ups are open right now! If you are interested you can hit the link
below to register or to get more info. You'll get a certificate of
Happy searching!Register here
| More information
You now have the option of having custom themes. You can either
choose a light or dark theme and a custom background image to go along
with it. Google offers you the choice of "featured" pictures, Pictures uploaded from your computer, or using a link to a picture on the internet.
For more info about custom themes check out the following link: Custom themes in Gmail