Grandview teachers need to know:
1. Power Teacher: Attendance, grades, and report cards
Be able to take attendance through PowerTeacher on first day.
2. Introduced to the families of our high needs students
Staff must meet with those families of our high needs (Med.) students.
3. Electronic LPC
Mills: Be able to input spelling, reading & language.
4. Electronic Lesson Plans
Submitted electronically to Mr. Folchert (weekly)
5. Student cumulative files
Must sign off when viewing these
6. Emergency procedures: fire drill, tornado drill, lockdown)
Must be posted and become familiar with the Emergency Prep Guide
7. School schedule and special routines
Know where you need to be and when. Establish routines.
8. Student packet
Make sure these papers are completed and returned.
9. Para responsibilities and schedule
Classroom to playground.
10. Review school mission, vision and values
What is our focus as APS and Grandview employees.
11. Review job description
What are we expected to do?
12. Review extra duty responsibilities
Faculty Rep. & Tech Team Trainers
13. Starting & ending of daily work time
7:45-3:45 or until the work is completed.
14. Warehouse orders & pick up
New staff met with mentors to discuss procedure.
15. Report cards
Meet and discuss three weeks before they are due.
16. APL training and its building expectations
If You Want It, Teach It. Watch for bell ringers in Sept. & closure in Oct.
Must live by this!
18. Dress code for staff
19. Dibels awareness (what it is and how to use the reports)
Mills: 3 times a year. What is its purpose? How do we use the information?
20. Progress monitoring/RTI Plan
Mills: What is its purpose? How do we use the information?
Occasionally a supportive team will come into the classroom to watch.
22. Formal Observations
Schedule right away with staff.
23. Parent/Teacher conferences (procedures)
24. Class parties
Halloween, Christmas and Valentines
25. Open House, grade level concerts and parent activity nights
Math & Writers night
26. How to run the copy machine & laminating film
Large packets for students; use machines in the lounge. Use printers for masters.
Assign key people to provide assistance throughout the year.
28. NESA, NEWA, Dibels & C4L importance, procedures and scheduling
What are these? When do they happen?
29. EMAIL, Ichat, school website and phone system.
Make sure accounts are created and shared.
30. Teachers responsibilities as it relates to finding sub teachers
Find your substitute and put it in the SUBManager right away.
31. Teacher attire, cell phone and leaving building expectations
Professional, not during your time with students and check-out binder
32. Social media; ie: facebook, twitter, etc.
Professionals watch what they post.
33. Input of grades weekly into PowerTeacher
Stay on top of this.
34. Assembly procedures
How do our students enter the gym, be an audience and exit the gym?
35. Notes home
Provide the office a copy. Thank you.