Tuesday, April 24th
Join us for desserts, live music, and view HUNDREDS of pieces
of student artwork, filling
EVERY E.G. Ross student will have
artwork on display!
E.G Ross Students have been doing GREAT THINGS in ART! Thank You Miss Sasha!!
•••Importance of the Visual Arts in Education•••
(Compiled by M. LoParco)
Today more than ever the arts are needed by our young people as a forum for safe expression, communication, exploration, imagination, and cultural and historical understanding. Below are a list of reasons why the visual arts are so important at each grade level:
· Brain research confirms that Arts education strengthens student problem-solving and critical thinking skills, adding to overall academic achievement, school success, and preparation for the work world.
· Art classes provide students a chance to develop cognitive and creative skills, and to develop their imaginations.
· For some students Art is their motivation for coming to school and an area where they have success or excel, providing an important balance in their total educational experience.
· The arts teach our students to be more tolerant and open through multicultural and historical perspectives and through their involvement in the creative process itself.
· Due to the collaborative nature of art, students develop crucial skills in cooperative decision-making, leadership, clear communication, and complex problem solving while working with others.
· Regular participation in the arts develops self-confidence, self-discipline, persistence, and the knowledge of how to make multiple revisions to create high quality work.
· The skills and experience that students develop by learning to perform, create, and respond to works of art provides a foundation for the kinds of literacy students must have to communicate and work successfully in our ever-changing media, technology, and information age.
· Art Education supports not only the adolescent¹s intellectual and educational development but also their personal and social development.
· Arts education helps develop a positive work ethic, flexibility, and pride in a job well done.