College/Career/Life tips and links
Good advice on picking a career path:
- Find something you love, something you are good at, and something people will pay you to do. It's the holy grail, but worth hunting for.
Picking a university:
- Find out what schools are best for your field: http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com
- Is it worth it to pay extra for the best school in your field? https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=195&v=Ow1-uj0ToVY
Considering non-university training:
- The best video I have seen about considering college earning potential vs a technical career's earning potential. You can seriously earn a great living doing something you love in an alternate career path. Please watch: https://vimeo.com/67277269
Transition out of high school:
- Transfer your google account stuff with Google Takeout. For a description of what it does and does not do check http://www.techsavvyed.net/archives/3463.
Buying a Used Car
- Most information on car reliability focuses on the first 5 years of a car's life. If you plan on buying a car older then 5 years old, or keeping one past when it is 5 years old, this resource for comparing reliability of older cars should be informative: http://www.dashboard-light.com
- What to avoid in a used car videos:
- Video for how to not get screwed buying a used car (slightly crass, but great content)
- 5 signs you should not buy a particular used car.
Maintaining a Car
- Easy inspection tips on How to Make Your Car Last a Long Time - you should add a reminder on your phone for every 6 months and put this video in the reminder.