CENTRAL CLAIM: The 1:1 Initiative enables educators to focus on every
student, every day while delivering student-centered, individualized
instruction in a safe collaborative learning environment that encourages
students to demonstrate understanding in multiple ways. Students learn
how to use technology fluently, productively, and responsibly as a tool
to problem-solve, communicate, create, innovate, and make global
connections through authentic learning experiences.
We envision a 1:1 learning environment that...
- Creates a culture where technology is used productively, responsibly, ethically, and appropriately.
- Increases access to technology, facilitates formative assessment, supports general instruction, and enables new modes of differentiation, without stigma.
- Prepares students to be innovators by shifting their perception of technology from toy to tool.
- Promotes equity by addressing the "digital gap" between students without technology access at home and their peers.
- Invests in our human capital by providing faculty with new tools and professional development to grow and develop their instructional capacity.