Videos for the Ecademy and eTube must first be uploaded to Safari Montage Creation Station To Upload a Video to Ecademy or to your School's Tube go to: media.edina.k12.mn.us
**If there is a prompt about downloading something, click remind me later...
- Login using your district username and password
Click on Creation Station Upload
Title your Video FIRST and then Browse for the Video File on your computer
**Sometimes it takes a while for the navigation box to appear to look for your file
Click Agree when the Copyright box appears
Once your video has been uploaded, you can add a few items before we publish.
When you click on Information and Rights Management, you can change any of the settings but all items should be checked by default.
It is a good idea to correlate your video to a State Standard in Safari Montage, but this information will not carry over to Etube or the Ecademy.
- Once you have set all of your settings...
- Click on Publish Media
- Search for your video by one of the words that was in the title of the video
- It appears like there are two videos - one of them is yours and now one of them is available to anyone in the district.
- The one you own is the one with the editing buttons.
- Click on the Edit Button - look for the pencil
Next we are going to publish to either your buildings ETube or the Ecademy
- Click on ETube
- Publish to Portal
Publish to Etube
- Your video is now being converted for Etube. Sometimes this takes a little while.
- Keep clicking on the refresh button until you see the little home icon.
- Once your video is ready, you will see a drop down box to choose which TUBE you want to upload your video to. You can choose your building or Ecademy.
- Click on Publish and now you are in the Etube environment.
Settings in Etube
- You can change the title, add a description, add searching tags/topics and then save.
- There are other options you can choose on this page as well.
Suggested Tags for you to tag in your video...
Positive and Negative Numbers
Learning Habits and Strategies
Parts of Speech
At the bottom click SAVE.
You can use the Pencil to edit, but now your video is on Etube.
The Ecademy Site is set up to default to the Ecademy Tube.
You can click on Search and click Search All Tubes
You can also click on your building Tube by clicking on Tubes.