Music Enhances Development
These are some of the ways that participating in music enhances child development...
- Can facilitate turn taking
- Can help children in learning to follow directions, or help with task completion.
- Can help children learn about the way that others live
- Can help children learn how to behave in group situations
- Can build powerful connections through singing and enjoying music with others
- Can help children to label and express their feelings
- Can help children learn about other’s feelings and perspectives
- Can be used to help children release feelings physically
- Can be calming or change a child’s mood
- Facilitates language development.
- Prepares the brain for learning to read.
- Enhances memory
- Helps children recognize patterns
- Helps children learn to organize and remember information