Refer to "Using Voicemail" Section for Voicemail Passwords
We use 3 types of IP phones in the district. Cisco 7912, Cisco 7960, Cisco 9971, and Cisco 7821.
An interactive video can be found here which teaches you the basics of using a 7960 IP Phone
Note: This is a multi-line phone. Your personal line may be any number 1-6. In order to call as your personal line, push one of the line keys on the right that pertains to your extension, then either place your call or hit the voicemail button to check voicemail. If you do not specify the line before calling or hitting voicemail you will be calling/checking voicemail for line 1.
Forward calls to your cell phone
Press the CFwdALL softkey, then enter 9-XXX-XXX-XXXX where X is your cell phone number. To turn off call forwarding. Press the CFwdALL softkey again. You cannot forward calls to a long distance cell phone number (only 952/612/763/651).
New employees, your temporary voicemail password: 8675309
Existing employees if your password was reset: 8675309
Locked out of your voicemail? It automatically unlocks after 30 minutes!
See the embedded document above for details.
Voicemail Access (inside district)
- Hit the "Messages" button on your phone. This is a picture of an envelope or the messages softkey.
Voicemail Access (outside district)
- To listen to voicemail from outside the district:
- Dial the external voicemail phone number 952-848-3912 or your own 10 digit extension.
- Press the * key when voicemail answers.
- Enter your ID (extension), then press # key.
- Enter your password, then press the # key.
To Change your Standard Greeting
- Press the Message Button from your phone
- Enter in the Pin #
- Press 4 – Setup Options
- Press 1 – Greetings
- The greeting that you hear will be the current greeting and this is what the caller hears
- Press 1 – To re-record your greeting
- Record and Press # to save
- It will then play your message
- Then hang up the phone
- If you want to verify that the message is playing then dial * and your 4 digit extension