What is Digital Storytelling?
The art of telling stories using various digital media (video, images, music, audio)
• Digital Literacy – the ability to communicate with an ever-expanding community
to discuss issues, gather information, and seek help;
• Global Literacy - the capacity to read, interpret, respond, and contextualize
messages from a global perspective
• Technology Literacy - the ability to use computers and other technology to
improve learning, productivity, and performance;
• Visual Literacy - the ability to understand, produce and communicate through
• Information Literacy - the ability to find, evaluate and synthesize information.
The Seven Elements of a Digital Story
1. Point of View – what is the perspective of the author?
2. A Dramatic Question – a question that will be answered by the end of the story.
3. Emotional Content – serious issues that speak to us in a personal and powerful way.
4. The Gift of your Voice – a way to personalize the story to help the audience
understand the context.
5. The Power of the Soundtrack – music or other sounds that support the storyline.
6. Economy – simply put, using just enough content to tell the story without overloading
the viewer with too much information.
7. Pacing – related to Economy, but specifically deals with how slowly or quickly the
Adventure Book Talk- 4th Grade
Animoto lets you create videos less than a minute. Just add your photos, choose music and add your text. Animoto does the rest.
Introducing the Characters of Room 105