With Tasks, you can create lists of items, set due dates and notes, and even add Gmail messages directly to Tasks.
Select the Mail dropdown> in the top left choose Tasks.
To enter tasks, click in the Tasks window and start typing. Once you've typed in a task, press Enter to create another task, or use the + button at the bottom of your list.
Here are some of the options available in Google Tasks:
- Create a task about a Gmail message using the keyboard shortcut Shift + T, or by choosing Add to Tasks from the More options menu in your Gmail conversation.
- Switch between existing lists or create new ones using the List icon in the bottom right corner.
- Create "subtasks" by using Tab to indent them, and Shift + Tab to move them back.
- Move tasks by grabbing them to the left of the check mark and dragging them up and down.
- Add new tasks to the middle of a list by clicking at the beginning or end of an existing task and pressing Enter.
- Check off Tasks when you're done, and use Actions > Clear completed to hide them. Don't worry, you can still view them later!
- Print your tasks by clicking Actions and selecting Print task list.