2.1 'Fetch' (mail only) from Other Gmail or POP Accounts using Fetch
Once you start using Google Mail you may want to bring in mail from other accounts so you only have to check one inbox. One way to do this is to use the 'mail fetch' which will not only fetch new mail from another account, but 'fetch' all existing messages in your other account's inbox. This feature is used when you want to bring in the 'old' and the 'new'Fetch from Gmail Account: To fetch messages from a Google Apps account, please use our POP1settings to configure Mail Fetcher.
1. Click on Settings
2. Choose Accounts and Import
3. In 'Check mail from other accounts (using POP3), select 'Add a POP3 mail account you own.
4. Enter the email address of the account.
5. Enter the Username from the account and Password.
6. Enter the Pop Server and Port Information - 'gmail will autopopulate with settings or you can check with your other provider to learn the correct server name and port.
7. Select options
Like a 'migration tool,' you can import mail and contacts from other provider Yahoo!, Hotmail, or AOL. This feature also enables you to forward messages from your previous email provider to your Gmail account for 30 days. In this example we will import mail and contacts from a Yahoo account.
8. Click 'Add Account'
This is a great way to 'transition out' of an old email account.
2.2 Import Mail AND Contacts from other accounts
2.3 Send Mail from a Different Email Address
You can add an account to your Gmail account to 'send mail as.' Doing this allows you to use one interface to send mail from additional email addresses you own. The following instructions are for Gmail accounts:
1. In Mail Settings, click on Accounts & Import.
2. Select Send mail as 'Add another email address you own'
3. Enter the email address and deselect 'treat as alias'
5. Select Next Step
6. Select Send Verification.
7 Log into the external account and click on the verification link.
To send mail from the other address:
1. Select 'compose' to start a new mail message.
2. Select the sending address from the From dropdown list.
gMail Even More >