3.1 Chat settings
In your Gmail settings, click on 'Chat' to manage your 'chat' settings. Here you have the option to turn chat on or off. In addition you can
3.2 Invite someone to chat
Note: If you would like to chat with more than one person click the person icon at the top of the chat window and in the field, add people to this chat, type the names of the people you want to invite.
3.3 Get the Voice & Video Chat Plugin
In Gmail you can use the 'chat' option to have video chats, online chats, or even make 'voice' calls to phones. To get started with chat:
1. Download Google Voice & Video Chat Plugin: http://www.google.com/chat/voice/
3.4 Video Chat
When using chat in your Gmail account, you can start a 'Hangout' (video chat) with another person by clicking on the 'Hangouts' icon at the top of the chat window. Here you will be prompted to 'start a hangout.
1. Select the person from your chat list
2. Click on the 'Invite to Hangout' icon
3. If you do not have a Google + account a hangout window will appear and you will have the option to 'invite' the person to a 'hangout' which is a video chat.
4. If you have Google + enabled you can invite up to 15 people into the Hangout and you will be prompted to invite people and even 'name' the hangout.
gMail Even More >