5 Email Templates aka 'Canned Response'
5.1 Set up and use Canned Response - Email Templates
5.2 Create an email template
- Click the Settings gear in your Gmail's toolbar.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Go to the Labs tab.
- Make sure Enable is selected for Canned Responses.
- Click Save Changes.
- Compose the message in Gmail.
- Leave the To: and Subject Field empty as they are not saved as part of the template.
- Click Canned responses (beneath the Subject line).
- Select New canned response... under Save.
- Type the desired name for your template.
- Click OK.
5.3 Use a 'Canned Response" in a new message or reply (prerequisite 1.1 and 1.2)
- Start a new message or reply.
- Click Canned responses.
- Select the desired template under Open.
- If prompted to overwrite what you have already typed in your message (and if you indeed want to replace it with the boilerplate text), click OK.
- Make sure you fill the To: and Subject: fields.
- Edit the message as needed and click Send.