Introduction to Google Drive
to the amazing world of Google Drive. Google Drive is a FREE service
that allows you to create and save files in the cloud and sync to your
computer. No longer do you need to use disks, USB pen drives, or 'email' docs back and forth.
Within Google Drive there are several applications such as Documents,
Spreadsheets, Presentations that you can create in seconds. In addition, several people can edit the same doc at a time. With Google Drive you get 5 GB of storage for free and native Google Documents do not count against your quota.
The most appreciated features of Google Drive/Docs.
- An entire suite of online applications that include Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Drawing, and Forms.
- Anytime, anywhere access - Google Docs are ‘cloud’ based. As long as you have access to the Internet via any device you can access them.
- Autosave - Your docs are automatically saved almost instantly!
- Revision History -View and go back to any prior version
- Sharing -
Share your files and folders with others. Everyone has the most
current version at the same time. Stop ‘emailing’ attachments!
- Collaboration - Did you know that up to 50 people can edit a single Google Doc at the same time?
- Templates - there are hundreds of templates available for school, learning, productivity, business forms, presentations, etc.