Abstracting complex ideas and themes from Fahrenheit 451 into artistic movement.
"Live and Let Your Doubts Die"
Dancers: Yoeli Apumayta Belleza, Karem Corona, Kaitlyn Fitzgerald, Ashley Hakes, and Tymber Weaver
Don't let your downs get you down.
Dancers: Lisana Alonso, Larissa Maldonado, Lydia Mooney, Jazmine Tello Zuniga, and Sydney Torgersen
Destruction -Don't take knowledge, peace, relationships, etc. for granted.
Collaboration with English:
- English students share themes from Fahrenheit 451 using only emojis
- Dance students interpret themes
- Real themes are revealed
- Dancers take those themes to create an original work of art
- Example of how dance goes the opposite way on the scale -doesn't simplify but does try to communicate deeper (abstraction) -show Abuse dance example.
- Dancers present their pieces. Include:
· The theme chosen that your dance was based on.
· Your title (and perhaps why you picked that title)
· The thought process and specifics of what you are sharing about that theme (what did you explore in your piece?).
· 1-2 things for the English students to specifically look for as they watch your piece –this will require a physical demonstration so be ready to really show it!
- Final thoughts and thankyous.