AP Physics Announcements
There is a link in the AP Physics Files section with a list of review topics that has links to YouTube video reviews. Please check some of them out!!!
We did most of these in class. They can be found at the end of Chapter 2.
Download the video file HERE. -Save it to the desktop.-
- Run Logger Pro.
- Click INSERT---MOVIE.
- Locate the video file on the desktop.
- Right click on the movie, select MOVIE OPTIONS, set it to advance the movie 4 frames.
- Click on the NEXT FRAME button until the fingers are no longer touching the ball.
- Click on the three red dots in the lower right corner.
- Click on the horizontal meter stick (fourth from top on the right). Click an drag across the two-meter stick and set the scale at 2m.
- Click on the Set Origin button (third from top on the right).
- Click on the center of the ball. A set of axes will appear.
- Click on the yellow circle to the right of the origin. Rotate the axes so the "x" axis lines up with the ramp.
- Click on the ADD POINT button (2nd from top at right).
- Now click on the center of the ball. It will mark the position, and advance the movie four frames. Repeat until ball reaches the bottom.
- Hit CTRL + R to rearrange the windows.
- Now set the vertical axis to graph just X.
- It will need to be linearized. Remember to click on the DATA menu, choose NEW CALCULATED COLUMN...
The Universe & More. Play this fun game to learn about position vs. time and velocity vs. time graphs.
Our software license allows any current Lone Peak HS student to download and install the full version for FREE. The downloads are PASSWORD PROTECTED. To receive the password, email your Physics teacher with your name and class period. (Please do NOT email if you are NOT a student of Lone Peak HS.)
Logger Pro 3.9 with sample movies (Windows)
Logger Pro 3.9 with sample movies (Mac OS X)
For Windows XP/Vista (request this password specifically in your email. It is different from the regular password.)
If you're using Windows XP or Vista, you will need a compatible version of Logger Pro.