The following is a list of some recent projects making use of geospatial technologies.
- Assessing the risk of exposure to lead in NWPA – Waggett, C. 2006–2007
- Bathymetry mapping of natural lakes in NWPA – Ostrofsky, M. 2003–2009
- Biomonitoring in the French Creek watershed – Wissinger, S. 2003–Present
- Estimating wetland gains and losses in NWPA – Wissinger, S. 2003–2009
- Geographical examination of Myioborus redstarts – Mumme, R. 2009
- Examining prehistoric processes that shaped French Creek – Grote, T. 2008
- Mapping invasive species of vegetation at the ENWR – Sargent, S. 2004–2007
- Mapping sugar maple production in North America – Whitney, G. 2003–2004
- Modeling the risk to Lyme disease in northern California – Waggett, C. 2004–2007
- Pennsylvania Certified Forests Products Initiative – Bensel, T. 2004–2006
- Promoting ecotourism in northwest Pennsylvania – Bowden, R. 2001–2006
- Surficial geology mapping in northwestern Pennsylvania – O’Brien, R. 2005–Present
- Windmill feasibility for Acutec Manufacturing, Inc. – Bowden, R. 2007
Faculty have also been recognized for their use of GIS in many publications. Here's just a few.