Sources of Support
The School of Education offers extensive support for Apple laptops. We also suport Windows laptops as much as possible. We can usually help you configure your Windows laptop to operate over UAF wireless networks or to print to networked printers. However, we cannot guarantee that we can solve all of the problems that Windows users encounter.
You can get help with your computer in any of the following ways:
- Bring it by the lab at Old U Park during supervised lab hours;
- Contact the UAF Help Desk Monday - Friday: 7:30 am - 9:30 pm or Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm at (907) 474-6564or Toll Free (only within Alaska) at 1-800-478-4667;
- Visit the Office of Information Technology's web site at http://www.alaska.edu/oit/
- OIT's Desktop Support provides a walk-up Student Support Center, located in the MBS complex - across from the Skarland Hall entrance from 9-Noon and 1-6pm, Monday through Friday;
- Stop by the Help Desk at 401 Rasmuson Library.
Check our Software Updates
page for critical updates for your media software.