The primary gateway for current information about the course will be posted at WebAssign, including all homework assignments. You should check that site daily.
Useful Links and Information
Collected here for your convenience are some useful references and links for this semester.
- Web Assign
- Core curriculum description for Math 200. Note that this is being revised to reflect the move to Edwards and Larson's textbook (effective Fall 2011).
- Additional help is available from the Math and Stats Lab in Chapman 305. Our TA, Lyman Gillespie is available there at the following times:
- Wednesday: 5pm-7pm
- Thursday: 4pm-7pm.
- You can email questions or arrange a meeting about graded homeworks and quizzes by contacting the grader.
- Check out the study guides provided in the course Attachments below as the semester progresses.
- The textbook is available from the campus bookstore, as well as from Cengage (the publisher) online.
Written Homework Assignments
Be sure to follow the instructions for the formatting of written assignments.
Signing up for WebAssign
- Go to www.webassign.com (or click the Web Assign link from my Math 201 homepage)
- On the right of the page at the bottom of the ACCOUNT LOGIN box, you will see a link called ``Have a class key?" Click this link.
- Type in our class key: uaf 6214 5618
- Once you push ENTER, our class should come up: Calculus II with Gordon Williams at UAF. Click Yes, this is my class.
- You will be asked if you already have an account. It is OK if you have an account and do not remember the login or password. They can email that information to you.
- If you must make a new account, you will have to enter a username, password, first name, last name, and email address. Two critical issues are remembering your password and giving an email address that is correct. This is the address I will use to respond to any questions you ask me through WebAssign.
- Once logged in, you will have the opportunity to either purchase access online, enter an access code, or continue with a trial period.
- Yippee! You made it! Under the ``My Assignments" heading you will see the current assignments with due dates.
There will be WebAssign problems due before almost every class. It is your responsibility to make sure you are checking daily for exercises.